Conditions of Payment
Full rental payment required to secure booking. $500 bond(s) per watercraft(s) must be paid by bank deposit, debit/credit card 24 hours before the date of hire. ($1000 bond) for towaways.
The bond(s) will be refunded on safe return of the watercraft(s) and post-hire inspection(s) have been completed, refunds will be subject to no damage to the watercraft(s) or equipment.
Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd reserves the right to retain funds from the bond(s) for the following:
- (a) Loss or damage to watercraft(s) or equipment (s).
- (b) Defrayment of costs due to watercraft(s) not being returned at scheduled time.
- (c) Any outstanding debits on the hirer’s account (fuel, wetsuits, towable, etc).
- (d) Cancellation of future bookings due to damage to watercraft(s) or equipment.
In the event of a cancellation, Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd will issue a Jetski Hire gift voucher of equivalent value, which entitles the Hirer to priority reschedule, valid for 12 months (Gift vouchers not redeemable for cash). If this is not acceptable to the Hirer, a cancellation charge of 50% of rental payment, excluding insurance bond(s) will apply.
- (a) Minimum age of 18 years to operate watercraft(s).
- (b) Maximum passenger loading including skipper is 3 persons (240kgs max).
- (c) Maximum speed of 5 knots within 200m of shoreline.
- (d) Maximum speed of 5 knots within 50 metres of other vessels or persons.
- (e) Maximum speed of 5 knots within 200 metres of blue & white dive flag.
- (f) Wristband key / kill switch must be worn by skipper at all times whilst watercraft(s) is operating.
- (g) Driver and passengers must all be wearing approved life vests while using the watercraft(s).
- (h) Must have an observer (minimum 10 years of age) on the watercraft(s) if towing skier or ski tube.
- (i) The watercraft(s) must not be used in water shallower than 1 metre or damage to the hull, engine, impellers or associated workings for the jet unit will be the sole responsibility of the hirer.
- (j) Watercraft(s) must not operate within the hours of darkness.
- (k) The watercraft(s) will not be used by intoxicated persons or persons taking judgment impairing substances during the hire period.
- (l) The Hirer will exercise proper care and diligence for the security of the watercraft(s) and will do nothing to jeopardize any insurance claims that may arise while the watercraft(s) and equipment is in the Hirer’s care.
- (m) The watercraft(s) must be driven by or under direct instruction by the Hirer who signed for it.
- (n) The Hirer is responsible for ensuring that this watercraft(s) has sufficient oil and water while in their possession. This watercraft(s) has been hired in a clean condition and must be returned in the same state. If the above conditions are not adhered to, a minimum charge of $50.00 may apply.
- (o) The watercraft(s) must not be used outside 50km radius from Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd premises without written approval.
- (p) The Hirer does not have any medical conditions that would affect his/hers ability to safely
- operate the watercraft(s).
Breach of Law and Regulations
- (a) The Hirer shall be responsible for any costs resulting from breaches of Maritime Laws, Vehicle Laws or Regulations including traffic and parking fines.
- (b) Discretion Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd reserves the right to remove the watercraft(s) & equipment from the Hirer’s possession or exchange it at any time at Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd discretion.
Damage and Accidents
Should the watercrafts(s) and equipment be involved in an accident or sustain loss while on loan, Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd must be informed immediately. The following steps must be taken:
- (a) Inform the police if passengers or others are injured.
- (b) Obtain the name and address of the driver of any other vehicles involved and the name and address of the insurance company.
- (c) Obtain the name and address of any witnesses.
- (d) Make no other statements and do not admit liability for the accident, as per insurance practice.
- Indemnity and Insurance
- (a) Insurance on the watercraft(s) will be provided by Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd.
- (b) In the event of an accident, the Hirer will complete any insurance forms required by Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd and will cooperate fully for any insurance purposes and for any third party claims made against Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd.
- (c) The Hirer agrees that all bond(s) will be retained in the event of an insurance claim having to be submitted in order to cover excess.
- (d) The Hirer indemnifies Hibiscus Jetski Hire Ltd (and its Directors) from all claims of whatever nature that may result from the hire of the equipment.
- (d) The Hirer shall be responsible for any costs resulting from breaches from Maritime Laws, Vehicle Laws or Regulations including traffic and parking fines.